Ryburgh railway station opened in 1857, when the line between Dereham and Wells opened as part of the Norfolk. The entire line, between Wymondham and Wells, became part of the Great Eastern railway in 1862 and the line closed in 1964.
This early patter Great Eastern Railway 2 aspect lamp dates from around 1890-1900 and is stamped G.E.R and RYEBURGH 10, the 10 was part of the numbering as to show staff allocations. This lamp in in excellent un-damaged condition and the sliding brass knows operate smootlhy, the coloured lenses are conplete with no cracks. The vessel is stamped B.R.E N.E.R.